Category: Teach the Future Materials
Keywords: STEEP, assumption, change, cultural, demographic, driver, economic, environmental, political, sector, social, technological, wheel
The Secondary Foundation Set includes five foundational lessons for secondary schools. These lessons are excellent ways of introducing students to change and the future.
The set includes the following lessons --
- Change, the attributes of social change (its source, level, time horizon, and rate)
- STEEP, the sectors of society that produce change (Demographic, Technological, Economic, Enironmental, Political and Cultural)
- Drivers, the types of changes that that affect the future (trends, events, and issues)
- Assumptions, the role of assumptions in addressing uncertainty and producing alternative futures
- Futures Wheel, a tool for investigating the consequences of change
This site is affiliated with Teach the Future, a nonprofit dedicated to bringing futures thinking to classrooms around the world.