The Secondary Foundation Set includes five foundational lessons for secondary schools. These lessons are excellent ways of introducing students to change and the future.
The set includes the following lessons --
- Change, the attributes of social change (its source, level, time horizon, and rate)
- STEEP, the sectors of society that produce change (Demographic, Technological, Economic, Enironmental, Political and Cultural)
- Drivers, the types of changes that that affect the future (trends, events, and issues)
- Assumptions, the role of assumptions in addressing uncertainty and producing alternative futures
- Futures Wheel, a tool for investigating the consequences of change
This site is affiliated with Teach the Future, a nonprofit dedicated to bringing futures thinking to classrooms around the world.